Skip to content
Search Engines and Link Building Basics
- In SEO and Link Building Basics: What You Need to Know, Thomas McMahon introduces the first principles of link building.
- This article was written by Rand Fishkin back in 2010 but it still holds good: All Links are Not Created Equal: 10 Illustrations on Search Engines Valuation of Links.
- Heres the official word from Google on the kind of thing you should avoid in link building.
Post-Penguin Link Building
- Penguins Reminder: Google Doesnt Owe You A Living, So Dont Depend On It by Danny Sullivan is a reminder that it was not entirely white hat practices that led to the downfall of some sites. Consider this a warning.
- Crispin Sheridan in Post Penguin Link Building Strategies вЂ“ Pruning Your Links sets out how to rid yourself of backlinks that may be causing your website to be penalised.
- Pratik Dholakiya in October 2012 posted this very useful 10 Post-Panda/Penguin Era Link Acquisition Strategieslist.
Link Building Strategies
- Brian Deans Link Building: The Definitive Guide covers every aspect of link building В definitely worthВ bookmarking.
- Rhea Drysdale answers many commonly asked questions around link building in 33 Link Building Questions Answered.
- Chuck Price presents some valuable tips on how to earn links in Link Building the Right Way.
- Ken McGaffin uses lists a lot. Here are 59 ideas for lists to help create link building campaigns in 59 lists you really must have to build links.
- Inspiring examples and pro advice from Sean McGinnis in Link Building Techniques that Still Work!
- Justin Freid urges a spot of thinking with our left brains for a change in How to Build Links Like an Engineer.
Link Building with Social Media
- One way to have your content shared and linked to is to make sure its distributed widely. Heres some advice on using Microformats on social media to do that. Increase Distribution for Your Branded Content with Microformats by Andrew Isidoro.
- Bryanna Baldauf shares tips on using Pinterest for link building in 5 Ways to Use Pinterest to Build Links & Blogger Relationships.
- How to find linking opportunities with an Excel spreadsheet using Majestic SEO data (see the Miscellaneous Tools section). Using Twitter and Backlinks to Build Links by Ethan Lyon.
- Marty Weintraub is a bit of a marketing genius, and here he explains the use of psychographics in targeting potential customers or link partners on Facebook. Psychographics Deconstructed: What We Look Like to Facebook Marketers.