Building Links with Guest Blogging
- John Doherty is fed up with poor quality blog post pitches. Heres how he thinks they should be done. The One Element Most LinkBuilders Miss.
- Guest blogging is likely be coming under the scrutiny of Google this year. Neil Patel gives his opinion in Penguin 2.0: How Guest Blogging Will Be Affected.
- Penguin 2.0 shouldnt stop you offering your quality content to quality websites. And Pratik Dholakiya has produced The Ultimate Guide to Advanced Guest Blogging to help you find those websites.
- Garrett French shares some of his sophisticated research tips in 5 fundamentals of large scale link prospecting.
- Ken McGaffin shares some thinking outside the box ideas to find people who might link to you in Creative Link Prospecting: Following a News Story.
- Joel Widmer in How To Connect with The Best Bloggers in Your Industry offers up advice on discovering the most interesting bloggers in your industry and what to do when you find them.
Link Building Tips for Small Business
- Advanced Small Busines SEO and Link Building Tips (With Examples) by Chris Koszo is aimed at small businesses who sell a product or service.
- Julie Joyce offers up some tips for attracting links with a tiny budget in Creative Tips for Link Building on a Shoestring Budget.
- Lisa Barones article on Mastering the Small Business Link Building Basics is a couple of years old, but its an evergreen.
- There are lots of excellent tips aimed at small and local businesses in Link Building for Small and Local Businesses by Geoff Kenyon.
- Adam Melson produces some ingenious and easy ways to get links to your local business website inВ 35 Local Link Opportunities You Missed.
- Find out whos using your images with Image Raider and ask them for a link if they havent already given you one.
- 750 Words helps you concentrate on writing that e-book you always wanted to.
- Get keyword ideas with Ubersuggest then build content around them.
- Or Soovle, a related keyword generator par excellence gives results from Google, Wikipedia, Answers.com, Yahoo!, Bing and Amazon.com.
- Use Google Webmaster Tools to find out the type of website who already links to your site and build on that.
- Use Mailchimp to share your best content, reach out to bloggers and the like.
- Use SharedCount to give you ideas for content by discovering which of your posts have been the most popular on social media.
- Use SurveyMonkey to survey your customers and visitors. Then use their insight, queries and even their complaints to create posts and other pieces of content.
- Go to Earth Calendar for lists of national and world holidays to help you provide timely content. Did you know its World Frog day on March 20th, for instance? Think you can write something around that?
- Free Link Prospector Tool from Teapot SEO requires some technical know-how, but its free.
- URLOpener is a handy research tool that opens lots of URLs at once and saves you a bit of time.
- Youll hear about link analysis tool Majestic SEO a lot if you attend the search conferences вЂ“ its very popular with SEO companies. There are some tools with limited functionality available on their website and paid accounts for the full range of functions.
- Use Followerwonk to find Twitter accounts for influencers in your niche and try to encourage them to link to you. EasyвЂ¦
- Screaming Frog will help you find out which of your pages are throwing a 404. Fix them.
- Find out the subjects journalists are tweeting about, and discover which ones may be interested in your story using presspass.
- In Online PR for Brands: How to Make Company News, Real News Miranda Miller offers advice on how to make stories that makes themselves heard among the online noise.
- Find potential contacts and competitors withВ in this mammoth Google advanced search operators list by Beyond.
- This wont suit every industry but may work for some: Better than link building: Authority Building with HARO by Matt McGee.
- A very useful platform for discovering questions people are asking about your industry or product is Quora.
- Theres a treasure trove of resources for public data to use to create content in How to Creatively and Effectively Build Links Using Public Data by David de Souza.
- Miranda Rensch shares a list of 10 Tools for Creating Infographics and VisualizationsВ plus ideas for other types of content.
- Rafflecopter is a competition creator thats super easy to use and of course, contests will get shared and linked to.
- Some believe that co-citation is the new link building. Haris Bacic explains the concept in Co-Citation and Co-Occurrence вЂ“ The Next Big Thing in SEO.
- And another article on the same theme by Pratik Dholakiya (he keeps appearing, doesnt he?) in Good Bye Anchor Text, Welcome Co-Citations: Revolution in Link Building for 2013 Revealed.